Pages

12.29.2014

A Christmas In Africa



I love  you more than you know. Thank you for your support and love. I hope that you had the most incredible Christmas. I would love to hear about it! It breaks my heart that the Christmas season is over, but I am determine to keep the spirit of Christ alive all year round. I had the amazing opportunity to skype my Sister Mary, in Africa. It was my first time seeing her face to face and it was like nothing I have ever experienced. I immediately started crying and the feeling of love overwhelmed my heart. I was surprised at how easy it was to talk to her and connect with her. We compared childhoods and laughed over good things. I sang and played the ukulele for my 2 year old niece. It was funny because she thought it was a movie, but then I started saying her name and she like freaked out haha! I was blessed to share a short scripture with them out of the Book of Mormon and it was interesting to see my older sister lean into the camera more as I was teaching . She really was taking to heart everything I was saying. Just then I realized that my words and energy are what can inspire others. It made me more aware of how I want to be. She expressed her gratitude for me and for her Heavenly Father. She's Methodist and I thought to myself " So you're saying there's a chance?" She brought me outside to see Africa and it was surreal. I can't wait to go and visit her and connect with her even more! I then got to talk to my family in Boston and I can not even describe my excitement and love for each of them. We are all so different and unique but it works! My mom was beautiful. I really miss her some days.
I got to participate in some of Sister Belnap's traditions as well! Christmas eve, we had a Bethlehem dinner. We got foods that they would eat in Bethlehem (hummus, pita, grapes, cheese) and we set up blankets on the floor and dressed up in nativity clothes. We even drug our beds out and slept under our humble tree. We laughed and ate by candlelight. It was spectacular to feel the real spirit of Christmas enter our tiny apartment. This Christmas has been one to remember for the ages. I have been inspired to share so many things with my family and future family.
I have also been making amazing spiritual discoveries about myself and what I want to do with the life God has given me. I am learning to not fear the light He bestowed in me. Sometimes it's hard, but I want to focus on beautiful positive things.
"Shun no effort to make yourself remarkable in some talent" -Seneca

It also poured most of the holiday! Oh well! Tis the season!
cheryl.neufville@myldsmail.net


1 comment:

  1. You are such a wonderful person. Thank you for everything you have done, and continue to do!

    ReplyDelete