Pages

10.14.2014

Sharing Goodness

Hello good people! Lately I've been thinking about the amazing time period that we live in. We have been blessed to connect with people and move people in more ways than we ever had before. We have so much power at the tips of our fingers. We have the power to inspire others with a message or post. How incredible is that?! I've been thinking about the intent behind the things we do. Are we striving to edify others? I know that so much joy overwhelms my simple heart when I make someone else feel of worth and value. Elder David A. Bednar, a leader of our church, gave an amazing talk on how we can use the media to "Edify and uplift others". He explains it as Sweeping the Earth "as with a flood". We can flood the social world with messages of inspiration and direction to our loved ones. I few months ago I explained that I would stop the posts for a little while. I knew that at the time, my intent wasn't my best. Now I see the value in uplifting others through the social media. I want to "share goodness" not to get praise or seek attention, but to encourage someone else! We had a general authority visit us a few weeks ago and he announced that we would be getting ipads in the next few months.  I know that this was inspired and I am grateful for the opportunity we have to bring joy and peace to others! I'm not sure if I ever told ya'll that I had two sisters n Africa that I've never met before (I'll have to share my story sometime), but because of the internet and modern tech. I am able to know of them and their goodness. To know I can share something with my long lost sisters across the world that brings them serenity (especially at this time), comforts my soul. Anyway, I will be posting again, but sparingly. Check out the video by Elder Bednar whenever you get the chance. Let's sweep this Earth ya'll! To the moon and back,
I love ya'll


https://www.lds.org/prophets-and-apostles/unto-all-the-world/to-sweep-the-earth-as-with-a-flood?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment