Pages

10.02.2014

1 Year

I walk the streets of Alabama, tired and sometimes hungry. My skirts fit, but they're worn. My legs scar from the endless mosquito bites. The weight of the scriptures in my backpack cause me to ache at night sometimes. Sweat seeps into my eyes, causing them to burn. The Alabama heat is beautiful but has no mercy. My heart has never been more full. My smile has never been so big and honest. This is my life right now.  This is what I do. I put on my tag and I say a pray and I have never been more aware than at this moment that it ends. My time out here actually does end and it scares and inspires me. Time isn't given to me, no matter how bad I wish I could stay in moments for eternity. The one thing that is given to me, is what I do with the time I have. I can't go back and time and fix my mistakes. Sometimes I wish I could, but I can't. I realize that I wouldn't be me without them. I have an amazing Opportunity to believe in the power of forgiveness. Change can happen through Christ. I am not done changing. I am still being molded into the person God Needs me to be. He has more for me to learn through serving His children and that doesn't stop once the mission stops. So, as much as I want to reflect and sit and pray that time would stop, I can't. It keeps moving and so do I. I pray and hug strangers and it fuels my spirit. The doors slammed in my face creates my testimony of Christ. I laugh after a day of tears, and I feel His peace. It's not over for me. Not yet.


1 comment: