Pages

11.25.2013

Give Thanks

Hello good people!!! I have missed you all and hope that you are having an amazing life! Thank you for your letters and your support. I can't express to you how much a simple letter or email can change my whole week!
So lots of fun things have been happening this past week! I ran a 5K on Saturday and it seriously was such a great experience! Another sister and I ran it together and anytime people around us felt weary, we would sing hymns to keep pushing them forward. Honestly I'm not sure if my singing Personally helped them, but they were polite enough not to comment on it hahaha! It was also my mother's birthday that day and I had a lot of time to reflect on life lessons that she had taught my siblings and I. I guess with it being the holiday season, I want to share how our mother taught us about gratitude. Growing up, we didn't have a lot of money, but my mother made us feel like the richest kids on the planet, especially around the holiday season. For Thanksgiving, our mother would save up as much as she could to allow us to have an amazing Thanksgiving meal. Though it wasn't a lot from the outside looking in, it was a lot to us. All we ever needed for the holidays was each other. Now of course we are older and we have different wants and needs and sometimes we would find ourselves comparing ourselves to others. We would see the things that other families had and we started to loose value in our beautiful small thanksgiving meals that we use to love so much. As I spend another thanksgiving away from my family, I see the value in them So much more.

Good people, be grateful for what you have. Thank the lord for your family, no matter how crazy they are! Love the people around you because our time is limited.

Be Rad and enjoy your Thanksgiving!!! Mail me turkey if you can! Haha just kidding! Stay safe!
~Sister Cheryl Neufville
P.S. I am staying in Montgomery another 6 weeks so if you could please send ANY holiday packages or letters to This Address:

2845 Zelda Rd. Apt. P7
Montgomery, Alabama 36106

Love you all! Pictures of the 5K are coming soon to a blog near you!


(Halloween in the Field!)

2 comments:

  1. DANG GIRL! I am so proud of you, running a 5k as a missionary!! Way to be a part of the community. I love it. I hope you wore your tag! You're awesome and I'll be working on getting some mail your way. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much girl!!! I wore my tag proudly! I love you my friend! Can't wait to hear from you!

      Delete